Since 2008, I have directed the Ethnos Project.
The Ethnos Project is a research portal and resource database that explores the intersection of Indigeneity and information and communication technologies (ICTs). We are interested, for example, in the cultural impacts and implications of:
- open source databases for Indigenous Knowledge management
- information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D) initiatives
- new and emerging technologies for intangible cultural heritage
- social media used by Indigenous communities for social change
- mobile technologies used for language preservation
The Ethnos Project is necessarily multidisciplinary and welcomes a broad range of inquiry including digital humanities, human computer interaction, culture and development, language preservation, Indigenous media, participatory design, software localization, etc.
This site is for scholars, activists, government agencies, non-governmental cultural organizations, Indigenous groups, and others who may benefit from its resources.